Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner, an Am Law 50 firm, is seeking a highly motivated, well-qualified mid-level associate (four to five years of experience) to join its nationally recognized M&A and Corporate Finance practice focusing on M&A and general corporate work in its Irvine office.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Sophisticated law firm experience on complex corporate with an emphasis on middle market M&A and private equity and venture capital transactions.
- Managing complex M&A projects and time lines, interacting with clients, corporate deal teams, subject matter experts and junior resources.
- Drafting and negotiating merger, equity purchase and asset purchase agreements and ancillary agreements.
- Managing and summarizing legal due diligence in M&A transactions including preparing documents, conducting diligence calls and supervising junior attorneys performing due diligence.
- Significant substantive M&A experience and expertise, including attention to detail and ability to interact successfully with clients, investment bankers, commercial lenders, and other advisors.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, superior analytical skills and the ability to manage client engagements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong work ethic and the ability to manage multiple priorities and assume a high degree of responsibility.