The Anaheim City Attorney’s Office is seeking an experienced attorney to serve as a Community Prosecutor (Deputy City Attorney I) assigned to the Prosecution Division. The attorney assigned to this position will investigate, prosecute, or resolve by plea criminal cases on behalf of the citizens of the City of Anaheim and in coordination with the Anaheim Police Department. The attorney will work with City departments and stakeholders to address community concerns and recidivism.
The attorney will perform a wide variety of professional legal duties, such as:
- Work closely with the Anaheim Police Department and the court to address quality of life issues impacting Anaheim communities;
- Monitor case flow and case assignments;
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports as directed;
- Maintain a high level of customer service;
- Conduct or assist in the conduct of jury trials, preliminary and pretrial hearings, and related courtroom proceedings;
- Prepare and argue motions;
- Conduct jury selection; make opening and closing statements; present evidence in court;
- Make bond and sentencing recommendations;
- Investigate, evaluate, and prepare cases for trial;
- Organize and lead community meetings;
- Participate in community events and meetings;
- Research and present data on high crime areas;
- Create crime prevention initiatives.
Candidates must be in good standing with the State Bar of California, received a Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school, and possess responsible legal experience. Candidates that possess prosecution or related criminal law experience, experience working with law enforcement agencies, and/or jury trial experience is preferred. Experience with digital case management system(s) is highly desired.
The first review is Friday, July 2 at 5:00pm, but we will continue to receive/review applications on a continuous basis to ensure that we have a sufficient competitive candidate pool.
Link for info/to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/anaheim/jobs/3124463/community-prosecutor-deputy-city-attorney-i